Patch will run a new weekly feature called Patch Picks, highlighting editor and reader picks of great local businesses, destinations, services, organizations, ways to spend a day off, and more.
You’ll find useful lists to help you, your family, friends, and significant others find the best places for everything from Sunday brunch to New Year’s Eve celebrations, pumpkin patches, date night destinations, florists, girlfriend nights out, kids party places, parks and more.
Want to suggest a list? Submit your idea in the comment box.
This week, we wanted to know who the top hair stylists in town are. We didn't hear back from any of our readers, but there are still plenty of options in town. So we have selected five places to go when you need a new 'do.
- Back at the beginning of May, Local Editor Matt Schooley told Facebook followers that he needed a haircut and wanted to know where to go. The first response came from Stacie Murphy. "," said Murphy. "You will love the ladies there. They're a lot of fun." Donna Botte agreed. "Hair Xtreme! Definitely!" she said. I followed their advice, and wasn't disappointed. Plus, a week or so later they sent me a coupon for my next cut because I was a new customer. Not bad!
- Also commenting on that Facebook post was Laurie Briere who said, "I go to , and everyone is very nice there." Thanks for your feedback, Laurie!
- If you're in a hurry and don't have time to make an appointment, pop into . The Main Street location is convenient and they accept walk-ins as well!
- If you're simply seeking a new look all together, you want to go somewhere you can get a style and a tan. Look no further than . You'll come out feeling and looking refreshed.
- We've got one for the gentlemen as well! has received five stars behind four reviews on Patch, so it's obviously one of the top places for a men's cut in town.
Did we miss a great local salon? Tell us in the comment section below, and be sure to rate the ones you’ve been to in our Places directory.