"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Sunshine is expected to grace Wilmington with its presence on Wednesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures are set to reach about 59° midweek to go along with partly cloudy skies. There is only a 20 percent chance of rain on the day as sun and clouds will mix throughout.
2. The lone Sears-Miceli debate is slated for Wednesday night in Tewksbury. Incumbent Jim Miceli, D-Wilmington, will square off against challenging Tewksbury selectmen Doug Sears inside the new Tewksbury High School beginning at 6:30 p.m.
3. Wilmington's School Committee is in action tonight as well. The board is slated to hold its regular meeting at 7 p.m. inside the Wilmington High School library.
4. On Wednesday, the boys soccer team is the only Wildcat unit taking its home field. The Wildcats welcome Burlington to town for a 6 p.m. game. The girls soccer team, meanwhile, plays in Burlington at 3:30 p.m. and the field hockey team takes to the road to face the same opponent at 6:30 p.m.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,673 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!