"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The sloppy weather from Wednesday and Thursday will break to close out the week. According to Weather.com, temperatures will rise to 50° on Friday. Skies will be sunny throughout and there is a zero percent chance of rain on the day.
2. There's been a change in the schedule for Wilmington's soccer playoff games. Originally scheduled for Friday, the girls and boys games have been moved until Saturday afternoon. The Wilmington boys team opens semifinal action against North Andover at 3 p.m. on the pitch of Woburn High School before the Lady Wildcats take on Hamilton-Wenham at 5:30 p.m. inside the same venue.
3. With the exception of Turkey Day, football season comes to a close on Friday. Wilmington welcomes Burlington to its home gridiron on Friday at 7 p.m., it's final tilt of the year until Thanksgiving Day against visiting Tewksbury.
4. The lone library event slated for Friday has been cancelled. Wilmington Memorial Library was slated to host a Teen Coffeehouse at 6:30 p.m., but the event will no longer take place.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,853 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,204 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!