"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Clouds and a few showers are possible on Thursday as the weekend approaches. According to Weather.com, temperatures will find their way to 58° on the day. There is a 30 percent chance of rain and mostly cloudy skies will be in the area.
2. It's playoff time for one Wilmington team. The Lady Wildcat field hockey team welcomes Marblehead to town beginning at 6 p.m. under the lights of Alumni Stadium. The winner of the No. 8 versus No. 9 match up moves on with the daunting task of facing powerhouse Watertown in the second round.
3. Just one local board is in action on Thursday. The Recreation Commission holds a meeting tonight at 5 p.m. The session is slated to take place inside Town Hall, Room 8.
4. Curious about e-readers or considering purchasing one this holiday season? Curtis Wyant, Wilmington Memorial Library Technology Librarian, will review the types of e-readers on the market and explain the features unique to each. Wyant will also review the basics of borrowing library e-books during the event, which begins at 7 p.m.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Following a strong week, we're now up to 1,834 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,148 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!