"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. The current string of gloomy weather is likely to continue on Tuesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 59° today. Skies will be overcast on the day and showers are likely throughout. There is a 40 percent chance of rain.
2. Students aren't the only ones closing out their year. The Shawsheen/West Parent Advisory Council holds its final meeting on Tuesday at 7 p.m. The meeting closes out the school year and is set to take place inside .
3. You'll want to bring the kids to dinner tonight. That's because its free. hosts its weekly kids night from 5:30-7:30 p.m. There will be coloring contests, creations from Mr. Balloon Wizard, and of course a free meal.
4. Interested in blogging for Wilmington Patch? You can share your thoughts on local issues and anything else on your mind. Just e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley for details on how to write in the Local Voices section of the site.
5. Wilmington Patch's Facebook is on the rise again. We now have 1,340 fans, thanks to seven new followers over the weekend! All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to our Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue our climb towards 2,000!