"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. Snow is possible to be in the mix on Friday, but most of the precipitation will be rain according to Weather.com. There is a 100 percent chance of precipitation during the day, and temperatures may reach as high as 45°. A flood watch and high wind watch are in effect throughout the day.
2. Arrangements have been made2. for the funeral services of , who was when an driver her. According to Nichols Funeral Home, “Family and friends will gather at , Inc., 187 Middlesex Ave. (Rte. 62), Wilmington, on Saturday, Feb. 26, at 10 a.m. followed by a funeral mass in , 126 Middlesex Ave., Wilmington, at 11 a.m. at Interment Wildwood Cemetery, Wilmington. Visiting hours will be held on Friday, Feb. 25, from 4 to 9 p.m.”
3. closes out its boys hockey slate on Friday with a matinee contest at . After a over Tewksbury on Wednesday, the Wildcats finish with Masconomet at 2 p.m. State tournaments begin next year as the school’s boys basketball, girls basketball, and boys hockey squads prepare for the postseason. Brackets are expected to be announced over the weekend or early next week, so check back with Wilmington Patch for complete coverage.
4. gave young library patrons the chance to connect with their inner architect on Thursday with a Lego activity. On Friday, the library continues with that theme during Crafty Teens: Paper Towns. Materials will be on hand for teens to create houses, high-rises, movie theaters and more out of cardboard and paper. The session lasts from 2 to 4 p.m.
5. In case you missed it, Patch photographer Bruce Hilliard had a look at Main Street Consignment and Thrift in . Have an idea for something we should feature in next week’s edition? E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.