"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The week wraps up in Wilmington with some cloudy skies. According to Weather.com, temperatures climb up to 45° to close out the week. There is a 50 percent chance of rain on the day as showers are possible later in the day.
2. Music will fill the normally quiet library on Friday. The New England Tenors will sing two 45 minute sets at Wilmington Memorial Library with a break in between. Most songs will be well known standards, Broadway tunes, etc. with a few holiday carols. Tickets cost $15 each and include a glass of wine, coffee and dessert. You must be 21 or older to attend the event, which begins at 7 p.m.
3. In case you missed it, flames gutted a North Street home on Thursday afternoon. Firefighters received a call from a neighbor just after 11 a.m. and the fire had spread throughout the house by the time crews arrived soon after. Though the house was still standing when the smoke settled, it was a total loss and will likely be demolished within the next few days.
4. Santa brought plenty of Christmas cheer to town on Thursday. Wilmington Recreation Department hosted Santa's Workshop at Town Hall as children sat on Santa's lap and told him what was on their Christmas list. Click through our photo gallery and check back at 4 p.m. for video coverage.
5. Have a great holiday light display in Wilmington? You could win $100,000 for Wilmington Public Schools. Enter your house in our Deck the House Contest and your home could be a national winner, or you could have your electric bill paid this holiday season. Do Wilmington proud!