"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Things are heating up in town as the week kicks off. According to Weather.com, temperatures will spike up to 53° as Monday arrives in Wilmington. There is only a 10 percent chance of rain on the day and after some patchy fog early, conditions will be partly cloudy throughout.
2. Did you miss anything over the weekend? We gave you a look at the latest police log, a new recipe thanks to Cooking With Sheila, coverage of the Festival of Trees and much more. Be sure to have a look back at all of our weekend coverage.
3. Just one Wilmington board is in action on Monday. The Historical Commission is slated to meet at 7:30 p.m. as the week begins. The group will gather inside Harnden Tavern for its session.
4. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,889 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,269 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!
5. Have a great holiday light display in Wilmington? You could win $100,000 for Wilmington Public Schools. Enter your house in our Deck the House Contest and your home could be a national winner, or you could have your electric bill paid this holiday season. Do Wilmington proud!