1. Your Local Weekend Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there will be a high of 52 Friday. There is an 80 percent chance of rain.
- There will be a low of 31 Friday night with a north wind from 3 to 7 mph. There is a 100 percent chance of rain.
- Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 39. Expect a northwest wind 6 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 20 mph. There is a 30 percent chance of rain.
- Saturday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 23.
- Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 34.
- Sunday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. There is a 40 percent chance of snow.
3. Festival of Trees: The Women of Wilmington’s 3rd Annual Festival of Trees will kick off this Saturday, Dec. 7 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. and continue Sunday, Dec. 8 from 9:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Villanova Hall, 126 Middlesex Ave. in Wilmington. Find out more here.
4. Tree Lighting: The annual Wilmington tree lighting ceremonies from 4 p.m. through 6:30 p.m on Saturday, Dec. 7 on the town common.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, the Bad Mama Jamas, a four piece group featuring vocalist Susan Iacobellis, will play the sounds of Motown along with a few songs of the season at Wilmington Memorial Library at 7 p.m. Ticket price includes a complimentary glass of wine and dessert. Find out more here.