Friday, May 17, 2013
Your weekend forecast, story time at the Wilmington Memorial Library, prom night and more in town on May 17.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I'm glad the high school and town does this for the students. I hope it helps at least a few of them realize that horrible things happen to young kids." Reader Webmom commenting on the article, Scenes From the Wilmington High School Mock Accident. 3. It's Happening Today: Don't miss Drop-In Story Time at the Wilmington Memorial Library happening today at 10 a.m. For children ages two to six, storytimes help build a foundation for a lifelong love of books and reading. Kids will enjoy age appropriate books, songs, rhymes, movement activities, and more! 4. It's Also Happening Today: Tonight is the Wilmington High School Prom! Have photos of your kids dressed up before …
Thursday, May 16, 2013
Wildcats home games, a look back at yesterday's WHS mock accident and more in Wilmington on May 16.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Harry; Welcome to Wilmington! It still is and always will be the best place to raise a family : ) If you would like to be caught up on the High School project I am sure someone at the Town Hall can fill you in with the truth!!" Reader Stacie commenting on the article, "Hull Announces Latest Ruling on New High School Construction" 3. It's Happening Today: Wildcat girls varsity tennis will will take on Wakefield High School at home at 3:30 p.m., girls varsity lacrosse will play Burlington High School at 4 p.m. at home and varsity softball will also take on Burlington High School at 6 p.m. at home. 4. It's Also Happening Today: Wildcat varsity baseball will take on …
Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Wildcats girls varsity tennis take on Melrose at home, girls varsity lacrosse takes on Georgetown at home and more on the human trafficking case with Wilmington ties on May 15.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Thank you for a job well done Wilmington Police Department!!!" Reader Kathy Geary commenting on the article "Monday Human Trafficking Arrests 'A Great Day for Victims'" 3. It's Happening Today: Wildcats girls varsity tennis is at home today, taking on Melrose High School at 3:30 p.m. 4. It's Also Happening Today: Wildcats girls varsity lacrosse will take on Georgetown at Wilmington High School at 4 p.m. 5. Two Arraigned In Human Trafficking Case: The two individuals arrested Monday in connection with a human trafficking enterprise that spans the borders of several area communities, including Wilmington, were arraigned Tuesday in Somerville District Court, according to …
Tuesday, May 14, 2013
Your 3-day forecast, a look back at a fundraiser and memorial service for Sean Collier, Wildcats boys lacrosse at home and more in Wilmington on May 14.
1. Your 3-day Local Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "WILMINGTON HOUSE OF PIZZA, is happy to say that although the cold evening put a damper on the event, we raised $2,400.00 ! Thank you to all who attended. This money is all being donated to the SEAN COLLIER MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP, at Wilmington High school." Reader Jan Siannas commenting on the article, Wilmington House of Pizza to Host Fundraiser for Sean Collier Memorial Scholarship. 3. It Happened Last Night: Wilmington House of Pizza hosted a fundraiser for the Sean Collier Memorial Scholarship, offering free food and drink to patrons who make a donation the fund. Stick with Wilmington Patch for coverage of the fundraiser. 4. It Happening Today: Wildcats boys varsity …
Monday, May 13, 2013
Your 3-day forecast, a look at tonight's fundraiser for the Sean Collier Memorial Scholarship and more in Wilmington on May 13.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Such a wonderful idea...I hope it sells out!" Reader Patti Sencabaugh commenting on the article, Sean Collier Fundraiser Set for Friday Night. 3. It's Happening Tonight: Wilmington House of Pizza is set to host a fundraiser for the Sean Collier Memorial Scholarship tonight. Stop by between 5 p.m. and 8 p.m. and grab some free food and drink courtesy of Wilmington House, and while your at it make a donation to the scholarship. 4. It's Also Happening Tonight: The Wilmington Board of Selectmen are set to meet tonight at 7 p.m. at Wilmington Town Hall. Stick with Wilmington Patch for full coverage of tonight's meeting. 5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, check out our new …
Friday, May 10, 2013
A fundraiser for the Officer Collier Memorial Scholarship, WHS Lamplighters put on "Sweeney Todd" and more in Wilmington on May 10.
1. Your Weekend Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "I can't believe how far SVTHS has come. When I went there it was "the school you went to if you didn't want to go to college" or "the blow off school". I am proud of SVTHS and all those that come out of it. Congrats to the 2013 graduates....never stop reaching for your dreams!!" Reader Randi DeLoreto commenting on the article, "Who Were the Seniors of the Month at Shawsheen Valley Technical High School?" 3. It's Happening Today: Check out the Wilmington High School Lamplighter's Guild production of the musical "Sweeney Todd" tonight at 7 p.m. Students can purchase tickets for $8. There are also two performances scheduled for Saturday in case you can't make it tonight…
Thursday, May 9, 2013
Your 3-day forecast, Wildcats varsity girls lacrosse takes on Burlington, a look at homes that sold in the Wilmington area this past week and more on May 9.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "To Cheif Begonis and all of Wilmington PD you guys were fantastic and we the people of Wilmington owe you all a big thank you for a job well done." Reader Lennie Malvone commenting on the article, Chief Begonis Thankful for Support While Deployed in Boston, Watertown. 3. It's Happening Today: Wilmington varsity girls lacrosse will take on Burlington High School at Wilmington High School at 4 p.m. 4. It's Also Happening Today: Wilmington Lions Club Eyeglass Recycling Weeks. Through May 31, drop your used eyeglasses in the recycled eyeglass collection box at Wilmington Town Hall. 5. Recently Sold Homes: Looking to buy a home in Wilmington and want to compare prices? Or, …
Wednesday, May 8, 2013
Your 3-day local forecast, a School Committee meeting, Wildcats baseball at home against Stoneham and more in Wilmington on May 8.
1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast:
Tuesday, May 7, 2013
Your 3-day local forecast, reader comment of the day, Wildcats boys lacrosse takes on Wakefield High and more in Wilmington on May 7.
Here are 5 pieces of information aimed to make your Tuesday feel like a Friday and help make you the most knowledgable person in your office. 1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "My deepest sympathy to the Campbell family. A great lady and a great family. Wilmington's loss is Heaven's gain." Kevin MacDonald, commenting on the article Antoinette (Navarro) Campbell, 82. 3. It's Happening Today: Looking for a mid-morning workout in Wilmington? Check out the spinning class happening at Body Infusion by Her at 9:50 a.m. 4. It's Also Happening Today: The Wildcats varsity boys lacrosse will take on Wakefield High School at home at 3:45 p.m. Check out the full schedule for Wilmington High School athletics on …
Monday, May 6, 2013
Bits of knowledge to help make you the smartest person at the donut shop.
Here are 5 pieces of information designed to make your Monday feel a little less Monday-ish and to help make you the smartest person at your breakfast table. 1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast: 2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Background checks for ice cream truck drivers? Absolutely! Background checks before buying a firearm? Never! What a shameful interpretation of our constitution." Dan Byer, commenting on the article, "Voters Pass Medical Marijuana Moratorium, Fingerprint Background Checks." 3. It's Happening Today: It's Read to Mackenzie day at the Wilmington Memorial Library! Mackenzie is a great listener who loves to have kids of all ages read to him. Reading out loud to dogs is great way for kids to improve their reading skills. It…