1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Monday will be sunny, with a high near 34. Expect a northwest wind 9 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 25 mph.
- Monday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 11. Expect a northwest wind 7 to 10 mph.
- Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 24. Expect a light and variable wind becoming southwest around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 13. Expect a west wind 6 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 21 mph.
- New Year's Day will be mostly sunny, with a high near 23.
- Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 5. There is a 30 percent chance of snow.
3. This Week in Wilmington Public Meetings: Recreation Commission will meet at 5 p.m. at Wilmington Town Hall in meeting room 8.
Board of Health will meet at 5:30 p.m. at Wilmington Town Hall in meeting room 9.
4. It's Happening Tomorrow: Celebrate the new year a little early at the Wilmington Memorial Library on Tuesday, Dec. 31 at 11 a.m. First, make some yummy snacks, and then ring in the new year at noon. Find out about registration requirements here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, we compiled our top blogs from the second half of 2013. Check out which reader blogs made the cut.