1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Columbus Day will be sunny, with a high near 64. Expect a calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Monday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 46. Expect a light southwest wind.
- Tuesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 68. Expect a calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 47. Expect an east wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Wednesday will be partly sunny, with a high near 67.
- Wednesday night will be cloudy, with a low around 53. There is a 40 percent chance of rain.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "My kids swear by their pizza. I have had several of their offerings, and I have yet to get a meal that was not great. I hope they do very well in this new location. As to the complaints about another restaurant, or another of a particular type of restaurant, I don't understand. If they offer food that Wilmingtonians want to eat, where is the problem? I say bravo!" reader Karl Ian Sagal commenting on the article, Greg's Roast Beef, Now Open.
4. Columbus Day: Happy Columbus Day, Wilmington! Wondering what's open and closed around town?
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, check out a few of the purchases the town made last week.