1. Your Local 3-day Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there will be rain, snow and sleet, becoming all rain after 3 p.m. on Monday. There will be a high near 36. There is a 90 percent chance of rain.
- Monday night will be cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 30. West wind 5 to 8 mph. There is a 30 percent chance of rain.
- Tuesday will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 35. Expect a west wind 7 to 11 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph. There is a 20 percent chance of rain.
- Tuesday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 21. Expect a west wind 7 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 22 mph.
- Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 33.
- Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 21.
3. Today In Public Meetings: Housing Authority will meet at 4 p.m. at 41 Deming Way in the community hall. You can view the agenda here.
The Board of Selectmen meeting scheduled for Dec. 9 at 7 p.m. at Wilmington Town Hall has been cancelled.
4. Wilmington Winter Break: Wilmington students are in for a long winter's break this year. Do you think students should be in school on Monday, Dec. 23? Or does it make sense to give them the whole week off? Share your thoughts here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, after months of work, employees at Textron Defense Systems in Wilmington said goodbye to a heat shield to be used on the next generation of NASA spacecraft.