The Wilmington High School girls basketball team is a perennial threat to make a postseason run. And the man on the sidelines has plenty to do with that.
Wildcats head coach Jay Keane has been with the team for eight years now, instilling what he calls the ability for players to "learn how to win" from the time they join the program to the time they're at the varsity level.
During the current season, Keane helped the team overcome a 2-6 start to the year to grab a No. 4 seed in the postseason and a first round home game against Chelsea.
Are you a big fan of the Wildcats? You'll also want to see:
- Playoff Brackets Revealed for Wildcat Teams
- Late DiNatale Goal Sparks Wildcats to Rivalry Win
- Ten Boys Hockey Players Honored on Senior Night
- Wildcats Edged by Reading in 'Super' Match Up
- Lady Wildcat Seniors Honored Before Key Win