As we look ahead to November’s elections, Wilmington Patch is devoted to bringing you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- Sample Ballot: To see your sample ballot, visit this website and enter your address.
- Polling locations: To find polling locations and precincts, click here.
- Early Voting: You may vote early from October 1 to October 31. You can find full information how to do so here.
- 19th Middlesex District Representative Race: Longtime 19th Middlesex District Representative James Miceli has had competition at the ballot box in previous years, defeating competitor Mario Marchese. This time around he'll face Tewksbury's Doug Sears as he seeks a return to office. Visit Patch's 19th Middlesex page for updates on the race.
- 21st Middlesex District Representative Race: Burlington Selectman Walter Zenkin will face Bedford Zoning Board member Ken Gordon for the 21st Middlesex State Rep Seat.
- US Senate
- US President
A Law for the Humanitarian Medical Use of Marijuana: This intiative seeks to legalize the use and cultivation of marijuana as a medical drug. It calls for no penalities for "qualifying patients, physicians and health care professionals, personal caregivers for patients, or medical marijuana treatment center agents for the medical use of marijuana." Local officials are doing their best to head off medical marijuana dispensaries.
An Act Relative to Death with Dignity: This initiative would allow physicians to prescribe medication to terminally ill patients that would end their lives. The act would require that patients are mentally capable of making this decision and orally communicating it to a doctor on two occasions 15 days apart. Participation by a doctor or health care facility would be voluntary.
An Act to Protect Motor Vehicle Owners and Small Businesses in Repairing Motor Vehicles: This initiative would require all car manufacturers to provide – on an equitable fair-market value subscription basis – all diagnostic and repair information for model years beginning in 2015 to owners or an owner’s designated in-state independent repair facility (not affiliated with a manufacturer or its authorized dealers). The law would also make available for purchase information for model years 2002 through 2014.