According to WBZ-TV, a woman's shopping trip didn't end as planned on Sunday after her remote key triggered a massive explosion in Stoneham.
At about 3:45 p.m., Jackie Sugrue, who the Lowell Sun reported is a Wilmington resident, was walking to her car when she used her remote key to pop her trunk and unlock the doors. Sugrue told the news station that her car immediately exploded all over the parking lot.
No one was injured during the incident, which Fire Marshal Stephen Coan said was caused by a leak in a tank that was in the car.
"There was a leak in the acetylene tank that caused the explosion based upon the transmittal of the remote," Coan said, according to WBZ-TV.
Though the incident destroyed Sugrue's car, it could have been worse considering there was another drive just feet away during the explosion.
"My trunk went flying over this whole row of cars into the next row,” Sugrue told WBZ-TV. "It could have turned out really bad.”