"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance. Check back later for more, and let us know what you think of the new feature in the comments section.
1. One of these days winter conditions will actually kick in. But today isn't that day. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 48° before Monday is out, and there is a zero percent chance of rain on the day with mainly sunny skies on the docket.
2. The community received some sad news on Saturday night. After a battle with leukemia, . A wake will be held from 3-9 p.m. on Tuesday at with a funeral set for Wednesday at 10 a.m. at .
3. There was, however, also some happier news on Saturday for residents supporting a new school. The , and is now officially going to be built in Wilmington. The voter turnout at the meeting was among the largest in town history.
4. The Wilmington Fire Department was busy over the weekend. On Saturday, crews responded to a and was air lifted into Boston. Then, on Sunday firefighters were called to .
5. Board of Selectmen members open the week in action. Selectmen meet at 7 p.m. on Monday with the session slated for , Room 9.