"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The week winds down in Wilmington with some wet conditions. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 59° on Friday in town. There is a 90 percent chance of rain throughout the day as the weekend arrives in Wilmington.
2. It's another edition of Friday night lights tonight at Alumni Stadium. The Wilmington football team is the only Wildcat varsity squad in action on Friday. Wilmington welcomes Lexington to its home field, looking to improve to 2-2 on the year. Kick off takes place at 7 p.m. under the lights.
3. Did you miss anything on Wilmington Patch on Thursday? The day kicked off with the latest police log and continued with a look at the contract dispute involving the town's registered school nurses. We also brought yu the story of the donated Wilmington logo at the Town Hall football fields.
4. Do you have something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? You can e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley with story ideas, and if you have photos or your own story to share, you can upload them directly to the site as an announcement or blog post.
5. We've now met two social media goals, so let's move towards the next pair. We now 1,621 Facebook fans as we moved past our latest social media goal and added two new fans on Thursday. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!