"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Showers are possible in Wilmington on Wednesday for the first time in recent days. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach 76° on the day. There is a 40 percent chance of rain on the day as showers are possible early. Conditions will be windy and skies will be partly cloudy later in the day.
2. Wilmington's School Committee is in action on Wednesday night. The board holds a 7 p.m. meeting inside the Wilmington High School library. Among the agenda items is a discussion on what the schools are doing to combat substance abuse in town.
3. Did you miss our Board of Selectmen meeting coverage that ran Tuesday? We caught you up to date on all the details from Monday's meeting, including coverage of Jeff Hull's contract and some initial goodbyes that were offered for Town Manager Michael Caira during his final Board of Selectmen meeting before he retires.
4. Do you have something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? You can e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley with story ideas, and if you have photos or your own story to share, you can upload them directly to the site as an announcement or blog post.
5. We've now met two social media goals, so let's move towards the next pair. We now 1,618 Facebook fans as we moved past our latest social media goal and added a new fan on Tuesday. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!