"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. There's a chance that Tuesday could be a windy and wet one in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only reach 57° as much of the town heads back from a long weekend. There is a 30 percent chance of showers, and winds are likely to reach between 15-25 MPH.
2. Wilmington selectmen were pushed back a day, but they're now ready to get back at it on Tuesday. The Board of Selectmen, which would have met Monday if not for Columbus Day, holds a meeting with regular business beginning at 7 p.m. inside Town Hall, Room 9.
3. Just two Wildcat teams is in action on Tuesday. The Wilmington High School boys and girls cross country teams host a home race against Melrose. The race is slated to begin at 3:45 p.m.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,642 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!