"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Columbus Day comes to Wilmington with comfortable temperatures. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 59° on Monday. There is a 10 percent chance of rain on the day and skies will be partly cloudy on the day.
2. Due to the holiday, there are several closings in Wilmington. The Post Office and all town offices are closed, in addition to schools in town.
3. Wildcat teams are busy on their day off from school. The girls soccer team hosts Winchester at 10 a.m. The boys soccer team, meanwhile, travels to Winchester at 10 a.m. while the field hockey team is in Arlington at the same time.
4. Did you miss anything this weekend? We brought you coverage of a tree house fire that took place on Friday night, we provided a look at the latest local headlines with News Nearby and we brought the latest Wilmington police log.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,643 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!