"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. After some cool weekend temperatures, things will warm up to start the week. According to Weather.com, temperatures will spike to 74° on Monday, though there is a 50 percent chance of rain. Skies will be mostly cloudy and windy with showers rolling in later in the day. There is a possibility of thunder as well.
2. Just one Wildcat varsity team is in action on Monday. The Wilmington girls volleyball team travels to face Stoneham beginning at 4 p.m. Also playing to start the week is the girls freshman soccer team in Melrose, the boys freshman soccer team at home and the JV volleyball team at Stoneham.
3. You can meet a former United States President tonight in Wilmington. A Lively and Revolutionary conversation with America's second President. How is this possible? Portrayed by George Baker, the historical figure of John Adams will talk about his life and times in a humorous and inspiring performance at Wilmington Memorial Library beginning at 7 p.m.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,648 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!