"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The week starts off in Wilmington with plenty of sunshine. According to Weather.com, temperatures will reach a comfortable 61° on Monday. There is a zero percent chance of rain on the day and skies will be sunny throughout.
2. Monday's sports schedule is a busy one for the Wildcats as the final full week of action begins. The field hockey team hosts Wakefield at 3:30 p.m., the girls volleyball team welcomes Tewksbury to town at 5:30 p.m. and the girls soccer team hosts Wakefield at 6 p.m. The boys soccer team, meanwhile, is one the road playing in Wakefield at 6 p.m.
3. The Wilmington Board of Selectmen returns to work with a Monday meeting. Board members are slated for a 7 p.m. meeting that will take place inside Town Hall, Room 9. Check back with Wilmington Patch on Tuesday for complete coverage of the meeting.
4. The library is the venue for a children's concert tonight. Wilmington Memorial Library welcomes Bernadette Baird, who presents music and movement for toddlers and young children through age three. Participants will have the chance to play musical instruments and dance. The show begins at 6:30 p.m.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,669 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!