"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Some sunshine is expected in Wilmington on Wednesday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will hit 61° as we reach midweek. Skies will likely be partly cloudy with a mixture of sun and clouds, but there is a zero percent chance of rain on the day.
2. Wednesday's sports schedule is a light one. The Wilmington girls volleyball team is the only Wildcat varsity squad in action today. The locals welcome Watertown to their home gym with a tilt beginning at 4 p.m.
3. Scarecrows are the theme of the day tonight in town for local youths. Wilmington Memorial Library holds a scarecrow story and craft program that begins at 6:30 p.m. Children will hear stories about scarecrows and then make a craft.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,659 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!