"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. After a rainy Wednesday, sunny skies are expected in Wilmington on Thursday. According to Weather.com, temperatures will even out at a comfortable 59° on the day. There is a zero percent chance of rain and skies will be sunny throughout.
2. A former presidential protector will be in town tonight. Jim McNally, a former Wilmington resident, was a Secret Service agent under President George H.W. Bush. Beginning at 7 p.m. inside Wilmington Memorial Library residents can find out how McNally became an agent and hear the inside scoop from someone who has been on the front lines protecting the President of the United States.
3. Both soccer teams take the pitch hoping to continue their strong starts to the season. The girls soccer team travels to take on rival Stoneham at 3:45 p.m. while the boys soccer team welcomes the same team to town beginning at 3:45 p.m.
4. Do you have a news tip or something you'd like to see on Wilmington Patch? If so all you have to do is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley, and in many cases you can also upload your own information to the site with an announcement or event.
5. Let's continue the climb towards 2,000! We now have 1,645 Facebook fans as we recently moved past our latest social media goal. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue towards 1,700 on our way to 2,000 and beyond. We also went over 1,000 Twitter followers last month, so join us and help push Patch towards 2,000. Thanks for your support, Wilmington!