"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Thursday arrives and brings plenty of sunshine to town. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 42° on the day with the weekend approaching. There a zero percent chance of precipitation on the day as skies will be mainly sunny.
2. Et tu, Wilmington? The Wilmington High School Lamplighters Drama Guild opens its fall production on Thursday night as it opens the curtains on Julius Caesar at 7 p.m. Performances will run on Thursday and Friday at 7 p.m. and again on Saturday at 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Tickets are $12 for adults and $10 for students.
3. Say cheese! Whether you are in the market for a new camera or simply would like to know more about the one you own, the library has a class for you. Otha Sonnie, who teaches digital camera classes at Hunt’s Camera, will talk about the features common to most cameras and explain how they work during an Introduction to Digital Cameras session at 7 p.m. inside Wilmington Memorial Library.
4. Yentile Farm will be up for discussion on Thursday night. The Yentile Farm Development Committee meets tonight at 7:30 p.m. The meeting is set to kick off inside Town Hall, Room 9.
5. Have a great holiday light display in Wilmington? You could win $100,000 for Wilmington Public Schools. Enter your house in our Deck the House Contest and your home could be a national winner, or you could have your electric bill paid this holiday season. Do Wilmington proud!