"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Another mild day is expected on Wednesday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will peak at 46° on the day. Intervals of sunshine and clouds will be seen throughout, and there is a 10 percent chance of rain midweek.
2. One local board holds its first meeting of 2013 tonight. The School Committee meets at 7 p.m. with a meeting that is scheduled to take place inside the Wilmington High School library.
3. Wednesday is a busy day for Wildcat teams. First at 4:50 p.m., the girls hockey team travels to face Wakefield in the first game of a hockey double header. The boys team takes on the same foe on the road, with puck dropping at 7:10 p.m. Also involved in a road tilt is the wrestling team, which grapples against Burlington at 7 p.m. The JV boys hockey team also hosts Stoneham while the JV track teams travel for a road meet in Woburn on the day.
4. The School Committee isn't the only board in action on Wednesday. The Board of Appeals holds a session scheduled for 7 p.m. inside Town Hall while the Conservation Commission is also slated for a meeting at the same time and location.
5. Help us reach our next social media milestone! Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,952 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,339 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!