"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Tuesday is expected to be a fairly warm one in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will peak at 45° on the day. Conditions will be mainly sunny with a few afternoon clouds. There is a 20 percent chance of precipitation on Tuesday.
2. Just one Wilmington board is in action on Tuesday. The Planning Board holds its regular meeting, which kicks off at 7:30 p.m. The session is slated to take place inside Town Hall, Room 9.
3. Both basketball teams are in action tonight. At home, the Wilmington girls freshmen, JV and varsity teams play Watertown at 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m. respectively. The boys team, meanwhile, plays the same schedule and same opponent on the road.
4. The library is giving a reality check this afternoon. Wilmington Memorial Library holds Working Teens: Reality Check beginning at 3 p.m. If you’re thinking about moving out on your own, you’ll need to know how much it costs in terms of bills, food, and other expenses. Find out what your income needs to be to support the lifestyle you want in this workshop offered by Ryan Gallagan of Career Source, a division of Massachusetts One-Stop Career Center System.
5. Help us reach our next social media milestone! Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,951 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,338 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!