"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Don't expect things to start warming up in Wilmington yet. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only rise to 23° on Thursday as a stretch of frigid conditions continues. Skies will be sunny and there is no chance of snow, but temperatures will sink to 17° during the evening hours.
2. Residents looking to help others will have the chance to do so this afternoon. The American Red Cross holds a blood drive from 1-6 p.m. inside the Masonic Lodge located at 32 Church Street. All donors will receive a free pound of Dunkin' Donuts coffee.
3. One of the more popular library events is back. Wilmington Memorial Library holds the always well-received LEGO building activity, beginning at 3:45 p.m.
4. Two Wildcat varsity squads are in action on Thursday. The boys track team is first up with a 5 p.m. meet in Melrose. The wrestling team, meanwhile, hits the road for a 7 p.m. tilt that takes place in Winchester.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,944 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,323 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!