"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It could be a snowy Tuesday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will only hit 25° on the day as many residents get back to work after the long weekend. There is a 70 percent chance of snow on Tuesday and temperatures could dip all the way down to 7° during the evening hours.
2. Multiple Wildcat teams are in action on Tuesday. At home, the girls basketball freshman, JV and varsity teams play at 3:30 p.m., 5:30 p.m., and 7 p.m. The boys team, meanwhile, is on the road for away tilts on the same schedule against Belmont. Also in action on the day are the JV track teams, which travel to Woburn for a 5:15 p.m. meet.
3. Financial responsibility is the theme of the day at the library. Learn the importance of raising financially responsible children and get some helpful tips on ways to teach children about money during a session at Wilmington Memorial Library at 7 p.m.
4. Do you have a news tip for Wilmington Patch? Then we want to hear from you. All you have to do if there's something you want to see on the site is e-mail Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. We are closing in on our next social media milestone, and need your help getting there. Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,982 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help push us past 2,000. We've also got 1,382 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!