"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Snow is possible on Tuesday, but not enough to accumulate much. According to Weather.com, temperatures rise up to 30° on Tuesday in Wilmington. There is a 30 percent chance of snow flurries in the morning that will give way to mostly cloudy skies in the afternoon.
2. Senior Night is coming a bit earlier than originally planned for the boys basketball team. Because of the upcoming gym demolition, the team will honor its seniors tonight at 7 p.m. against Watertown. The girls team, meanwhile, continues its postseason drive with a road tilt against the same foe at 7 p.m.
3. Tuesday is a busy day for meetings in town. At 8 a.m. the School Committee Policy Subcommittee meets inside the Roman House, the Board of Assessors meets at 10 a.m. in Town Hall, the Finance Committee meets at 7 p.m. in Town Hall, Room 9, and the Planning Board meets at 7:30 p.m. inside the same room.
4. It's all about presentation this afternoon at the library. Wilmington Memorial Library hosts a beginning course on Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 taught by Technology Librarian, Curtis Wyant, at 2:30 p.m. The second class is February 12 at the same starting time. Participants will receive hands on training using laptops purchased by the Friends of the Library.
5. Are you following us on social media? We're now over 2,000 Facebook fans up to 2,054. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like" to help us start pushing towards 3,000. We've also got 1,418 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!