"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. A warm week continues on Wednesday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will once again hit 54° on the day. There is, however, a 60 percent chance of rain on the day as showers early turn into mostly sunny conditions later in the day. Things will get frigid late tough, dipping down to 26° during the evening hours.
2. Just one Wilmington board holds a meeting this evening. Wilmington's Conservation Commission gathers inside Town Hall, Room 9, for its regular meeting. The session kicks off at 7 p.m.
3. The winter sports season is just around the corner. The wrestling team opens its season on Saturday with a quad meet at 10 a.m., the girls hockey team begins its slate against Lincoln-Sudbury at 12 p.m. on Saturday and the girls basketball team plays in the Lynn Classical Jamboree the same day at 5:20 p.m. Next week is a busy week with track action and the opening games for boys basketball and defending state champion boys hockey team.
4. Time continues to tick on the high school appeals. There is just over one week remaining until the deadline for appellants to appeal their case to Superior Court. The decision to dismiss was rendered on November 14, with a 30 day period to file.
5. Have a great holiday light display in Wilmington? You could win $100,000 for Wilmington Public Schools. Enter your house in our Deck the House Contest and your home could be a national winner, or you could have your electric bill paid this holiday season. Do Wilmington proud!