"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. It'll be a wet way to start the day in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures rise to about 43° on Monday with a 90 percent chance of rain early and clouds and showers remaining in the afternoon. Rainfall will likely reach about a quarter of an inch.
2. A pair of boards will meet today. First at 9:30 a.m., the Community Development Technology Review Team (say that three times fast) meets inside Town Hall, Room 9. Then at 1:30 p.m., the Elderly Services Commission gathers inside the Senior Center.
3. The library is going to the dogs on Monday. MacKenzie the Scottie will be at Wilmington Memorial Library at 5 p.m., giving children the opportunity to practice their reading with no pressure. In other library action, Bernadette Baird will play children's songs beginning at 6:30 p.m.
4. Did you miss anything this weekend? We had information about a Title IX complaint in Middlesex League basketball, a police log that sparked plenty of debate and a way for you to show your support for the community of Newtown.
5. Are you a fan of Wilmington Patch on social media? Our total continues to rise and we're now up to 1,913 Facebook fans. All you have to do to join that following is log onto our Facebook page and click "Like." We've also got 1,280 Twitter followers supporting us, so be sure to follow us there as well. Thanks for the support, Wilmington!