"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. The last days of summer vacation continue to be warm ones. According to Weather.com, temperatures will rise to 86° as the new week kicks off. Skies will be mostly sunny throughout the day and there is only a 10 percent chance of rain on the day. There is, however, a 50 percent chance of thunderstorms during the evening hours as temperatures begin to dip.
2. Just one local board is in action on Monday. The Community Development Technology Review Team is slated to meet to open the week. The group is set for a 9:30 a.m. session scheduled for , Room 9.
3. Did you miss any of our recent coverage? In addition to the , we also brought you a list of . Also, be sure to in light of a new national survey.
4. What do you want to see on Wilmington Patch? Whether you have a news tip, a story idea, or just a way that we can improve the site, we want to hear from you. All you have to do is e-mail your thoughts to Local Editor Matt Schooley.
5. Our Facebook fan total spiked over the weekend. We now have an impressive 1,564 Facebook fans thanks to nine new followers over recent days. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up to 949 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000.