"Five Things you Need to Know Today" is a Patch column that provides readers with essential, daily information at a glance.
1. Some storms are possible on Thursday in Wilmington. According to Weather.com, temperatures will settle in at 82° on the day. Skies will be partly cloudy with a slight chance of showers and thunderstorms, mostly during the morning hours. There is a 30 percent chance of rain on the day, though there is a zero percent chance of rain during the evening hours.
2. Three boards will be meeting today in town. First at 1:30 p.m. at Buzzell Senior Center, the Elderly Services Commission gathers. Then at 5 p.m. it's the Water & Sewer Commission's turn inside , Room 9, before the High School Building Committee caps things off at 6:30 p.m. in the same location.
3. Wilmington teens will have the opportunity to fill their appetite for books this afternoon. hosts an All-You-Can-Read Teen Buffet beginning at 12 p.m. Participants should bring their books and something to sit on while the library provides snacks throughout the day and pizza at the end of the event.
4. Have you voted for your favorite Wilmington businesses? Tomorrow is your last chance to voice your choice! Selections have been rolling in, and now voting continues to be open in our 25 polls in Patch's Readers' Choice. Head over to our and follow the links to make your choice in each of our categories. Voting is open through Friday, so take advantage of the opportunity and make your vote.
5. The march towards 2,000 continue! We now have an impressive 1,529 Facebook fans thanks to one new follower on Tuesday. All you have to do to join our fan base is log on to the Wilmington Patch Facebook page and click "Like." It's an easy and fun way to keep up on everything local. Already a fan? Help spread the word as we continue on our way to 2,000 and beyond. Thanks for your support, Wilmington! We're also up to 916 Twitter followers, so join us and help push Patch past 1,000.