Wilmington Patch has learned that the Wilmington Fire Department is evacuating at least one building in the vicinity of Salem Street and Evergreen Drive after a gaseous odor was discovered in the area.
Ambulances have been dispatched to the scene along with a bus to shelter residents impacted by the evacuation.
The leak is in the same area that was evacuated for a gas leak in July, 2011. At that time, a contractor ruptured the main while digging a hole for a protective column.
It's currently unclear what caused Tuesday's leak. We will have more information if it becomes available.