Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your Thursday started with a smile and to help make you the smartest person in school.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will feature rain and snow showers likely, becoming all rain after 8am. Patchy fog before 10am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 47. Calm wind becoming northeast around 5 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 60%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Thursday Night Rain showers likely before 10pm, then snow showers likely. Patchy fog after 10pm. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 32. North wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. Little or no snow accumulation expected.
- Friday A chance of snow showers before 9am, then a chance of rain showers. Patchy fog before 8am. Otherwise, cloudy, with a high near 43. North wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Friday Night A chance of snow showers, mainly before 9pm. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 25. Northwest wind around 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%.
- Saturday A slight chance of snow showers before 9am. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 40. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday Night Cloudy, with a low around 23.
2. It's Happening Today: Have you ever seen a Live Roller Derby? Well, right here in Wilmington the Boston Derby Dames show off their talents on roller skates at Shriner's Auditorium in Wilmington. Tickets available at the door! Tickets $16 for adults, $12 for kids 6-13. Kids under 6 free! Doors Open at 4:00pm -- 5:00 First game, "Bout" -- 9:00 After Party! Your ticket includes admission to the AFTER-PARTY! Head to the Phez Room, on site, to party with the dames after the last bout with a live DJ. Chill out and see who won MVP for each game, then hit the dance floor with the dames! Don't miss this fun, fast moving event! More info at www.BostonDerbyDames.com
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I think this was the BEST article I have ever read from the Patch. Unfortunately these "Commissions" and "Planning Boards" are in every town, and every resident of this "free" country has to deal with them. They think they know what's best for the town and the environment, but they don't look around and see the trash all over the streets...or the fact that now when walking our dogs or children we have to look out for used needles. Maybe we have bigger battles to fight than whether or not someone wants to put up a pool that has a 10% chance of breaking and "polluting" the already polluted wetlands. You know the old saying....don't know their ____ from their elbow." Reader Randi DeLoreto, commenting on the blog post, "Aggravated with Wilmington? You'll Never Guess Who's On Who's Side."
4. It's Also Happening Today: If you're looking for something to do with the little ones today, the place to be at 3:45 p.m. is the Wilmington Memorial Library for the Polar Bears Story/Craft Program (Preschool). Come hear great books about polar bears and then make a fun craft. Ages 4+.
5. And Another Thing: The commute promises to be messy and slow the next couple of days. Don't be caught unaware. Click here and check out the latest traffic conditions due to accidents, construction or just backups, updated every 5 minutes on the Tewksbury Patch Commute Page.