Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get Thursday started on the right foot and to help make you the smartest person who is soooooooo over winter.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be partly sunny, with a high near 33. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph.
- Thursday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 24. North wind 5 to 10 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.
- Friday Sunny, with a high near 40. North wind 5 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night A slight chance of snow after 3am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Calm wind becoming east 5 to 7 mph after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 20%.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 1pm, then a chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Snow, mainly after 7pm. Low around 32. Chance of precipitation is 80%.
2. It's Happening Today: Bored? Games! (for teens) at the Wilmington Memorial Library. Stop by at 2 p.m. and have some fun!
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "I taught with Dana and he is a wonderful young man! Dana is a true gentleman but at the same time, he is also a fun loving 20+ year old! The Wilmington school system is fortunate to have him on staff! It does not surprise me that he stepped in to assist you." Reader Joyce Peterson, commenting on the blog post, "Many thanks to a Wilmington teacher named Dana."
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Water and Sewer Commission is scheduled to met today at 5 p.m. in Town Hall. However, the Finance Committee meeting that had been scheduled for tonight has been cancelled.
5. And Another Thing: Looking for a way to help out the numerous families impacted by the Avalon Oaks fire? A Facebook Page -- www.facebook.com/FebruaryBlizzardFireVictims -- has been started to gather resources to try and help the families impacted.