Here are 5 pieces of information designed to help Monday feel a little less Monday-ish and to help make you the smartest person at the donut shop.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be mostly sunny, with a high near 40. Calm wind becoming north around 6 mph in the morning.
- Monday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 23. Calm wind.
- Tuesday Patchy fog between 8am and 9am. Otherwise, mostly sunny, with a high near 42. Calm wind becoming east around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Tuesday Night A slight chance of rain showers before 10pm, then snow showers likely. Cloudy, with a low around 31. East wind 5 to 14 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Snow showers before 11am, then rain showers. High near 40. Breezy. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Wednesday Night Rain and snow showers likely, becoming all snow after 4am. Patchy fog after midnight. Otherwise, cloudy, with a low around 33. Chance of precipitation is 70%.
2. It's Happening Today: Looking for something to do with the youngsters? Check out Music and More with Bernadette Baird at the Wilmington Library, starting at 6:30 p.m. Bernadette Baird presents music and movement for toddlers and young children through age three. Sing, play musical instruments and dance.
3. Reader Comment of the Day: "It's all emotional..horses are so graceful and beautiful and have been so helpful to humans all these years, so on a personal level I would choose not to eat them (just as I choose not to eat veal). But that said, yes, I agree technically that it should be legal...but let's make sure it's clearly labeled so people know exactly what they are eating. Most of the time, consumers get angry when they are not told what something is, what hormones have been injected, what something is preserved with (red slime, ammonia, etc.). Those are the huge issues in my opinion." Reader Webmom, commenting on the story, "A Horse Of A Different Color."
4. It's Also Happening Today: The Board of Selectmen is scheduled to meet tonight at 7 p.m. in Room 9 at Town Hall. Click here for a peek at the agenda.
5. And Another Thing: Good luck to the Wilmington High boys hockey team and girls basketball team as they prepare for the srt of their respective Division 2 North Tournaments this week.