Here are 5 pieces of information designed to get your weekend started early and to help make you the smartest person in your car pool.
1. Your 3-Day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the NWS, today will be sunny, with a high near 37. North wind 3 to 7 mph.
- Friday Night Mostly cloudy, with a low around 26. Calm wind.
- Saturday A chance of snow before 2pm, then rain likely. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 38. Calm wind becoming southeast around 6 mph in the morning. Chance of precipitation is 70%. New precipitation amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.
- Saturday Night Rain and snow before 7pm, then snow between 7pm and 10pm, then rain and snow after 10pm. Low around 33. East wind 6 to 8 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New precipitation amounts between a half and three quarters of an inch possible.
- Sunday Snow. High near 36. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Sunday Night A chance of snow before 2am. Cloudy, with a low around 22. Chance of precipitation is 40%.
2. Reader Comment of the Day: "Congratulations Wilmington! We are definitely moving in the right direction!" Reader Eileen C, commenting on the story, "Construction Officially Underway at High School."
3. It's Happening Today: The Catholic Youth Ministry Invites High School Students to an fun evening of Pizza and Understanding the Stations of the Cross at St Thomas of Villanova Church. This will take place at 6:30 p.m. on Friday Evenings during Lent.
4. It's Happening Today -- The Sequel: Actually, today and tomorrow. The MIAA is holding seeding meetings for the winter tournaments. Teams that have qualified for the Division 2 North SectionalTournaments will know by tomorrow when and where they will be playing and who they will be facing.
5. And Another Thing: Do you own or manage a business in Wilmington? Would you like it featured in a Wilmington Patch article? Email Senior Local Editor Bill Gilman at firstname.lastname@example.org to find out how.