Here are five pieces of information designed get your Thursday off to a fast start.
1. More snow? Maybe on Saturday. The National Weather Forecast as it stands now calls for today to be partly sunny with a high near 50, and tonight, mostly cloudy with a low around 26. On Saturday, snow is likely before 2 p.m., then rain in the afternoon before changing back to snow in the late afternoon.
2. Comedy Night tonight. The Wilmington Chamber of Commerce's 6th Annual Comedy Night is tonight Aleppo Shriners Auditorium in Wilmington—doors open at 7 p.m. and comics take the stage at 8. It's $15 a ticket with four comics scheduled, a cash bar and raffle items. Bring in your own food and snacks. Call Nancy Vallee at 978-657-7211 for tickets.
3. Book discussion group for kids. Kids ages 9 and up are invited to the Wilmington Memorial Library for a book discussion of The Sixty-Eight Rooms by Marianne Malone. Group meets at 3:45 p.m. A snack and door prize will be provided.
4. Commerford Family Fun Fair on Saturday. The fair will be held at the Aleppo Shriners Auditorium and have rides, games, a petting zoo and animal rides.
5. Kids' Art Canvas classes during February Vacation. The classes at Paint-n-Play cost $25 per kid and run 10-11:30 a.m. or 1-2:30 p.m. on Monday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. For children 9 and up.