With all of the tree trimming, cookie baking and partygoing, there is so much to do during the holidays that it's easy to leave shopping for Christmas presents until the last minute. But by then, the malls and chain stores are usually chaotic and the mere thought of battling crowds is exhausting.
Here are some ideas for easy gifts that can be bought locally and require little stress:
- Go to a store like TJ Maxx and pick out some pretty bathroom soaps with a matching towel and soap stand for teachers, relatives and neighbors.
- Go to Designs by Don for festive, holiday-inspired bouquets, or wreaths with candles that would make nice centerpieces for a friend or neighbor’s Christmas dinner table.
- Go to The Book Store Next Door on Saturday and pick out a few fun titles for the children in your family, or your kid’s friends.
- Go to Panera Bread or get in touch with WoWo's Goodies and order a festive cake or box of cookies that would be a delicious complement to holiday dinners.
- Go to Olympia Sports or Cooke's Skate Shop and pick up a gift certificate or new running shoes, golf clubs or sporting accessories for the athlete in your life.
- Go to Cardsmart for stationary, cards, figurines, or many other items that would go great as a gift or stocking stuffer.
- Go to The Platinum Door Salon and Day Spa or Bella Terrazzo Salon & Spa and give someone in your life who needs a little relaxation a gift certificate for a manicure, pedicure or spa treatment.
Tell us: What are some of your own last-minute gift ideas? Share in the comments below.