"Nine out of ten people like chocolate. The tenth person always lies." - John Q. Tullius
If you read last week's column you will remember that I went to my first Patriots game (and brought with me). What an amazing game we got to see-the last two minutes were so exciting!
One of the highlights of the day for me, aside from the last two minutes of the game, was my friend Beth's Toffee Brownies. Because her son is allergic to tree nuts she was unable to take the leftovers home with her and asked if I would bring them to work with me on Monday. Being a good friend I of course said yes.
They never made it out of my kitchen. (Please...keep that our little secret, won't you?)
Beth was kind enough to share her recipe with me this week, and I am in turn sharing with you. One warning...these brownies are highly addictive! Beware.
Beth's Toffee Brownies
- Prepare the brownie mix according to package directions.
- Spray a 13 x 9 cake pan with cooking spray.
- Spoon in half of the brownie batter.
- Place the candy bars side by side on top of the batter.
- Cover with the remaining batter.
- Bake according to package directions.
- Let cool completely and cut into squares.