What part of your commute makes you want to scream?
On Tuesday, Patch provided a map showing the average of how long it takes residents to commute to work. And on the Wilmington Patch Facebook and Twitter pages, we asked Wilmington residents how long their commute is, and which part is the worst part of their drive.
"Wildwood is bad at rush hour and people zip up the wrong side of the road to cut behind the library. Someone will get killed if that keeps happening. It's dangerous. The parking lot needs to be blocked off to prevent people from cutting through," said Splaino Splaine.
Several other residents weighed in as well. Here is a round up of what they said about the worst part of their commute.
- Danielle Corey: "The light at the intersection of 38 and 62 is awful."
- Nancy Murphy Vallee: "62 from Burlington to lights at 38 between 4:30 - 6:30. Ridiculous trying to get kids to CCD and sports!!"
- Vivian Cucchiara: "All of route 38 from Tewksbury to the 62 Bridge is heavy."
- Leanne Doviak: "Sweetheart bridge if you grew up in town (miceli bridge) especially during rush hour."
- Kevin Burke: "Glen Road where everyone from Billerica and Tewksbury think it's a race track."
- Bill Kennedy: "Heading east on Rt. 62 to the bridge at Main St from 4:00-6:30ppm is by far the worst. Also the lights in front of Wilmington Plaza allow only 2 cars to make a left turn and then ties up traffic in the left lane."
- Debra Carriere: "62 hands down from 4:30-6:30! 7 minutes to CCD? Nope allow at least 20. Last night 30 minutes from Boutwell st to North Reading and it was after 6 pm!!!"
- Carolyn Gormley: "I drive to Westwood ma.. exit 16b off 95 south.. two Fridays ago it took me 3 1/3 hours to get home due to traffic. . It takes me about an hour and a half to work every am due to traffic!"
- Khushbu Gandhi: "I commute to Westborough everyday! It takes me an hour to reach there and two weeks ago on Friday it took me 2 hrs to get back home! Fridays are bad!"
- Gail Amerault Comeau: " I commute to Medford, and being on the opposite side of town from Rt. 93 usually costs me an extra 15-20 minutes just to get across town. And they decide to keep US on the "late" school start schedule. Go figure."