1. Your 3-day Local Weather Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Monday will be high near 41. Expect a northeast wind around 6 mph becoming light and variable in the afternoon. There is a 90 percent chance of rain.
- Monday night will be cloudy, then gradually becoming partly cloudy, with a low around 27. Expect a light and variable wind becoming northwest 5 to 10 mph in the evening. There is a 30 percent chance of rain.
- Tuesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 32. Expect a northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Tuesday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 14.
- Christmas will be sunny, with a high near 23.
- Christmas night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 18.
3. This Week in Public Meetings: There are no public meetings scheduled for this week in Wilmington. Town Hall will close at noon on Tuesday and be closed all day Wednesday in light of the holiday.
4. It's Happening Today: Kids in grades 2-5 are invited to share their winter holiday traditions at 7 p.m. at the Wilmington Memorial Library holiday party. Find out more about registration requirements here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, a Wilmington company just received a $87,080 Workforce Funding Grant which will be used to train 66 employees and hire 3 new ones. Read more here.