1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Thursday will be sunny, with a high near 69. Expect a north wind from 5 to 8 mph.
- Thursday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 48. Expect a light and variable wind.
- Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Expect a northeast wind from 5 to 8 mph.
- Friday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 49. Expect a west wind around 5 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 74.
- Saturday night will be clear, with a low around 50.
2. Comment of the Day: "I think that regionally you would find a vote to ban it, but in other regions you won't. People will categorize this under the "Freedom of Speech" & they will say you are taking away my right to do this or that. If I want to expose my child to this then I will and you can't tell me no Mr. Government. The best way to not allow it is to not watch it. You can't control others - only yourselves," reader Melissa Erickson commenting on the article, France Hates Youth Beauty Pageants. Should We?
3. Blog Post of the Day: Wilmington parents, what have you done in terms of entertainment for your kids birthday parties? One blogger talks about a lesson learned in hiring a life-sized Elmo for her two-year-olds birthday party. Check it out here.
4. Today In Wildcats Sports: Wildcats boys varsity golf will take on Winchester and Belmont at Winchester Country Club at 3:30 p.m.
Wildcats girls varsity soccer will take on Watertown High School at the North School at 3:45 p.m.
Wildcats boys varsity soccer will take on Watertown High School at Victory Field Watertown at 7:30 p.m.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Wilmington home sales remained steady throughout August. Check out the latest numbers from the Warren Group here.