1. Your Weekend Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there is an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms Friday with a high of 73. Expect a light west wind becoming northwest 5 to 9 mph in the morning.
- Friday night will be mostly cloudy, then gradually becoming mostly clear, with a low around 50. There is a 20 percent chance of rain.
- Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 69. Expect a northwest wind around 9 mph.
- Saturday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 46. Expect a northwest wind from 3 to 6 mph.
- Sunday will be sunny, with a high near 72.
- Sunday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 51.
3. It's Happening Today: On September 13, Lots of Laughs Comedy Lounge will be honoring local comedian, and Wilmington's 2013 Good Guy, Steve Bjork. Come down to support Steve Bjork and friends and for a night of laughs with a portion of the proceeds going to Steve’s favorite charity, Local Heroes.
4. Weekend Agenda: Looking for something to do this weekend? We've got you covered. Check out our listing of events happening in Wilmington this weekend.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Middlesex Superior Court upheld the state Department of Environmental Protection decision to allow construction of the new Wilmington High School and turf field at Alumni Stadium. Read more here.