1. Your 3-day Local Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Wednesday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 51. Expect a calm wind becoming south around 6 mph in the afternoon.
- Wednesday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 30. Expect a light and variable wind.
- Thursday will be a mostly cloudy, with a high near 42. Expect a calm wind becoming north around 5 mph in the morning. There is a 40 percent chance of rain.
- Thursday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 29. Expect a west wind 3 to 5 mph. There is a 20 percent chance of rain.
- Friday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 44.
- Friday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 31. There is a 30 percent chance of rain.
3. It's Happening Today: Attend a hands-on workshop at the Wilmington Memorial Library explaining the capabilities of the iPad, Apple Cloud and iTunes synchronization. The workshop will be taught by Edward McFadden of Glade Mountain Consulting. Find out more about registration requirements here.
4. RMLD Rate Update: Wilmington selectmen voiced concerns over upcoming electric rate increases at their Monday meeting, citing issues with the timing of the hikes as well as discussing possible alternatives. Read more here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, Wilmington Police Chief Michael Begonis and Patrolman Eric Palmer gave a presentation to Wilmington selectmen at their Monday meeting on a new bulletproof vest K9 Ridic wears in the field. Check out our story and video here.