1. Your Local Weekend Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, Friday will be sunny, with a high near 80. Expect a calm wind becoming west 5 to 8 mph in the morning.
- Friday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 56. Expect a light southwest wind.
- Saturday will be sunny, with a high near 81. Expect a calm wind becoming southeast around 5 mph in the afternoon.
- Saturday night will be mostly clear, with a low around 57. Expect a southeast wind around 6 mph becoming calm after midnight.
- Sunday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 82.
- Sunday night will be partly cloudy, with a low around 59.
3. It's Happening Today: Celebrate the end of this year's summer reading season with an ice cream social at the Wilmington Memorial Library on Friday, Aug. 16 at 3 p.m. Kids will receive their reading certificates and grand prize raffle winners will be announced.
4. It's Happening This Weekend: Stop by the Wilmington Farmers Market on Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. at the Swain Green. It's Green Week to celebrate sustainability and healthy living. Check out a full listing of vendors.
5. ICYMI: Did you miss this week's Selectmen meeting? In case you missed it, we've got you covered. Find out about a piece of property in Wilmington Selectmen are interested purchasing.