1. Your Local 3-day Forecast:
- According to the National Weather Service, there is an 80 percent chance of snow Thursday with a high of 21 expected. Two to four inches of snow is expected to accumulate Thursday.
- Three to seven inches of snow will accumulate Thursday night with a low around 6 expected. Expect a a north wind 18 to 23 mph, with gusts as high as 33 mph.
- An additional one to three inches of snow will accumulate Friday with a high near 10 and wind chill values as low as -14.
- Friday night will be mostly clear, with a low around -6. Expect a northwest wind 7 to 14 mph.
- Saturday will be mostly sunny, with a high near 19.
- Saturday night will be mostly cloudy, with a low around 13.
3. Weather Alert: Forecasters are predicting between 6 and 12 inches of snow on Thursday and Friday. The storm is expected to begin during the day on Thursday and may drop 2-4 inches on Thursday. The snow should stretch into Friday with multiple Boston area forecasters predicting 6-12 inches of snow by the time the storm ends on Friday. Read more here.
4. Coming Up: Swing by the Wilmington Knights of Columbus Friday at 8 p.m. to play trivia. Find out more about this event here.
5. ICYMI: In case you missed it, take a look back at the most read stories on Wilmington Patch in 2013.